You can see that the team with good bowling line up always win more matches than the team having good batting line up. So bowlers always played a good role in the match. You may have heard that T20 game is a batsman game but most of the time bowlers turn the match for his team, if a bowler pick 3 to 4 wickets in his 3 over or 4 over spell then the match will turn completely.
In the 2021 IPL auction, you can easily see that the death over specialist Kyle Jamieson was bought by RCB by a big amount. So bowlers have always demand in the short format of cricket.
In this article I am going to discuss about top 5 wicket takers in the IPL history. 3 of them are Indians and rest two are foreigners. The most interesting thing is that the all three Indian bowlers are spinners and the foreigners are pace bowlers. So look at those 5 bowlers below :-
- Lasith Malinga:- He is known as a Yorker king of the Srilankan team, and in IPL he plays for Mumbai Indians ( the most successful team in IPL history). He is playing for Mumbai Indians since 2009 and he last played for the team in 2019. Between this journey, he takes 170 wickets in just 122 matches, and among them, 108 wickets came in the death overs when batsmen trying to hit boundaries and over boundaries. His last over in 2019 final easily described his ability in this stage.
- Amit Mishra:- The spin bowler and also the first Indian bowler who takes the most wickets in IPL history. He is a leg spinner bowler who has an impressive economic rate of 7.34. He can pick wickets whenever the team needs in the super over, in the middle over, or in the death over also. Currently, he is playing for Delhi. Till now he picks 160 wickets in 150 games.
- Piyush Chawla:- He is the second leg spinner in that list who plays lots of matches for the KKR team, and also played for Chennai and Punjab also. But recently he will be played for Mumbai Indians. In the entire IPL history, he has an average of 27.32 and an economy rate of 7.87. Till now he picks 156 wickets in 164 matches.
- Dwayne Bravo:- A valuable player for Chennai Super Kings, under MS Dhoni’s captaincy. MS can use him cleverly. In the 140 games he picks 153 wickets and in the fourth position, but he is the second-pace bowler after Lasith Malinga. He has a good average of bowling which is 24.82.
- Harbhajan Singh:- He is the first off-spinner that lists who picks 150 wickets in 160 matches, currently he will be played for Kolkata knight riders, with an economy rate of 7.02 and an average of 26.44.